Parade of Lights have a new fun single to get you through the week. "We're The Kids" has a very catchy and powerful chorus that you will find yourself singing along with in no time. Throw this track on repeat while driving to the beach this weekend. Also, show the band some love on Facebook and Twitter!
When listening to a song that possesses this much heart it becomes hard not to scan old memories of running through the forest as a child. Brother North have captured the same pure, honest, beauty that buzzes through the dense acres of trees that have touched some of us so deeply. The powerful chorus in "Northbound" is absolute perfection and will force you to click play over and over.
Hopefully you had some bread crumbs ready before you clicked play! Tiny Little Houses new single "Everyday I Wake Up, I Find Another Reason Not To" is a journey you may not find your way back from. This track is basically an audio version of swim lessons to teach you how to float through your past, present, and future brain waves. Show these guys some love on Facebook and Twitter!
With so many different types and styles of music out there today it can become difficult to come across something truly pure and original to its core. Mike Kinsella's moniker Owen is the most beautiful example of exploring unmapped territory. His new album L'Ami du Peuple is due out July 7th. The updated electric rock approach is spot on and perfectly timed for the summer. If you want to make a wise investment for this season make sure you pick it up next month.
Create a poster or art piece that includes everything listed below. (Videos & Songs are not Valid)
- Any band featured on the website (It's your choice!)
- Anything that has to do with Onnit (You may also add people from the DEATHSQUAD Podcast Network as long as Onnit is also featured in the art piece as well)
- Anything showing FromTheBeard.com or FromTheBeard.com Logos.
- All submissions must contain all three of the above in the poster or art piece to be valid for the Grand Prize.
- Submissions must be submitted within 1 month of the post date on the contest blog post.
- Contestants must be following @Onnit and @FromTheBeard on twiiter to be eligible for the Grand Prize. (Winner will be notified via Email & Twitter)
WHERE TO SEND SUBMISSIONS
- Please send submissions to FTBContest@gmail.com. Also feel free to send them via Twitter to @FromTheBeard and @Onnit. When sending submissions please include name, Twitter Handle, and where you are from.
Thanks to everyone who decides to participate in the contest and a HUGE THANK YOU to Onnit.com for sponsoring the contest! I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Be creative and stay positive!
Yesterday a top candidate for album of the year was released. Rogue Wave have already established their place among the top of the indie music world but their new record "Nightingale Floors" might set them apart from the pack! The two tracks below "College" and "Siren's Song" are nothing short of brilliant. If you already had summer fever symptoms then prepare to experience them ten fold after listening to this album! You can pick it up HERE as a package or you can head over to iTunes and pick it up there.